If a snickerdoodle and thumprint cookie were combined, I am convinced this would be the outcome. This buttery cookie is rolled in cinnamon sugar, and filled with cookie butter. Soft, buttery and delicious these are perfect for any holiday party, or a cozy weekend in! Enjoy 🙂
Cookie Butter Thumbprint Cookies
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cookie Time 12-15 Minutes
Makes: 16 Cookies
- 1 stick butter; softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 & 1/4 cups AP Flour
- Cookie Butter
For Sugar Coating
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- In a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter on medium speed until smooth.
- Reducing the speed, slowly add in confectioners sugar. Scraping down sides to make sure it is well incorporated.
- Add in egg yolks and vanilla
- In a separate bowl sift flour, salt and cinnamon together. On low speed slowly add dry ingredients to wet, scraping down the bowl to make sure everything is well mixed.
- In a small bowl combine granulated sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- Scoop about 1 & 1/2 to 2 tbsp of dough, and roll between your hands to form a ball. Roll the dough in the granulated sugar coating and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. (separate the dough by about ab inch)
- Using your index finger or thumb gently press down the center of the cookie, to create an indent.
- Spoon cookie butter into each indent.
- Place baking sheet into the oven, and bake for 12-15 minutes; or until the cookies are just starting to turn golden.
- Remove from oven allow to cool and enjoy!