If I had to choose one candy to eat for the rest of my life, it would be-without a doubt- be these homemade peanut butter cups. They are just that good!! Made with just 3 ingredients, they are so quick to whip-up and they are made with all natural healthy ingredients!!! And you know what that means? You can definitely go for seconds 🙂
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
Makes: 7 PB Cups
Time: 1 1/2 Hours (counts freezing)
- 1 Simply Lite dark chocolate bar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or organic butter
- 1/4 cup all natural smooth peanut butter
- Break apart chocolate bar and put pieces in a heat safe bowl, add coconut oil/butter.
- Microwave for 1 minute, stirring every 20 seconds. *this is so chocolate doesn’t burn*
- While chocolate is melting prepare 7 cupcake liners (1 1/2 x 1 inches)
- Place about a teaspoon of melted chocolate in each liner, coat the liner with the chocolate so it resembles the base of a peanut butter cup. Once all seven are coated place in freezer to cool for 30 minutes.
- Remove peanut butter cup bases from the freezer, add peanut butter to a heat proof bowl and microwave until warm and smooth. Place about 1 & 1/2 to 2 tsp of peanut butter in each base.
- Use the remaining chocolate to cover.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes
- Remove and enjoy!
P.S. These do not need to be kept in the freezer, you can place them in a storage container and keep in the fridge for up to a week!