I don’t think there’s anything better than waking up on a Saturday morning, and having a doughnut! When I was a teenager my dad would always wake up early on Saturdays, and buy a dozen doughnuts from the BEST local doughnut shop- I guess you could say I’m a little nostalgic for it.
While I’m still a sucker for a good doughnut, I realize it’s probably not the best thing to eat every week. That’s why I created this recipe for gluten free, refined sugar free doughnuts that you can enjoy guilt free! This recipe is sooo simple, and take only minutes to whip up! They’re perfect for the morning, or even a bedtime treat 🙂
Healthy Banana Doughnuts with Chocolate Glaze
Makes: 12 Doughnuts
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 Minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 Minutes
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 Simply Lite Dark Chocolate Bars
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil or Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F, spray 2 doughnut baking pans with non-stick spray.
- In a blender combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared doughnut baking pans, place in the oven to bake for 10-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While they bake combine dark chocolate I used 2 bars of Simply Lite Dark Chocolate
- Break up the bars and place in a heat proof bowl, add 2 tbsp of coconut oil or butter and place in the microwave for 1 minute *stir every 15 seconds* or until melted. Set aside to use later.
- Once done baking, remove doughnuts and allow to cool for about an hour. DON’T GLAZE WARM DOUGHNUTS!!
- Once the doughnuts have cooled dip them in your prepared chocolate glaze, and enjoy!