You ever try something so good, that you just want to tell everyone about it? Well that was me at work this past Monday, I just had to let all my coworkers know that I made the best brownies in the world that weekend.
I whipped-up a batch of these brownies to bring to a get-together, and MY GOD I didn’t even know I was that talented. Not only were they a hit with my friends (who would be brutally honest if they sucked), but they were seriously the best brownies I have ever had, and I promise I’m not just saying that because I made them!!
If you are a center of the batch, fudgiest brownie you can get person like myself then YOU HAVE TO MAKE THESE. They are ultra gooey, fudgy & chocolatey with swirls of Dulce de Leche and Flaked Sea Salt to give them some extra pizazz. Check out the recipe below, and let me know what you think! 🙂
Salted Dulce de Leche Brownies
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Bake Time: 30-35 Minutes
Serves: 16 Pieces
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Sea Salt (optional)
- 1 can Dulce de Leche (I used nestle brand)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9 by 9 inch baking pan by spraying with nonstick spray, line the tray with parchment paper that flaps over on two sides (this will make it easier to remove the brownies when they are done cooking.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine butter and sugar. Microwave for 30 seconds, then remove and stir with a whisk. Repeat process 2 more times. Add chocolate chips, and stir until they are fully incorporated into the batter. Though granules of sugar will remain, the goal is to get the mixture to a glossy finish.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing between additions; add vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the the wet, and mix together. Do not over mix. When there are still a few small lumps of unmixed flour and cocoa powder visible, stop mixing.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, place spoon fulls of the Dulce de Leche on top of the batter evenly spread, I used about 8 spoon fulls. Using a butter knife gently swirl the Dulce de Leche into the brownie batter. *Please see photo for how I swirled mine* Finish with some flaked sea salt.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Use a toothpick to see if they are done baking, if it comes out clean they are finished.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely, this will take about 2 hours. Lift them out of the pan using the parchment paper. Cut into 15 even pieces.