Perfectly moist and delicious, sweetened with only ripened bananas and maple syrup. I’d say this banana bread is perfect. You can enjoy yours plain, with chocolate chips or like me chopped walnuts. Perfect for breakfast or dessert! Enjoy!
Maple Banana Bread
Total Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil (any other mildly-flavored cooking oil*)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup AP flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease a 9 x 5-inch bread pan with non-stick spray, or line with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, maple syrup, milk, eggs and vanilla extract until combined and smooth. Fold in the mashed bananas, and mix until mostly smooth. (There will be some small lumps remaining with the bananas.)
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon until combined. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, and stir until combined, be careful not to over-mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bread pan. (Can top with a halved banana if desired)
- Bake for 1 hour & 20 mins, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean. (*If the top starts to get too dark on top while baking, place a sheet of aluminum foil lightly on top of the bread until it finishes baking.)
- Remove from the oven, and let the bread cool on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes before slicing.